Doing public speaking can be daunting for many people. However it is a great way to promote your business. It affords you the opportunity to present yourself, your business and your expertise to a captive audience. Here are some things to take away:
1. Be authentic. If you’re going to give a presentation representing your business, be yourself. You will have enough to worry about ahead of the talk besides having to put on a different persona. People want to connect with you, and the only way they can do this is for you to be your true-self and talk about what is passionate to you. Tell people about yourself and make it relevant to the content of your talk. Tell them Your story.
2. Prepare your conclusion first. Decide what you want your audience to remember. Memories are short and listeners find it difficult to remember more than four or five main points. So keep your points simple.
3. Tell stories and anecdotes throughout, which incorporate the themes of your message. We were all brought up to listen to stories, so wrap your message in a story. Stories are small dramas that are entertaining, easy to remember, and full of imagery.
4. Make it fun. Giving presentations can be fun if you allow yourself to have fun. If you’re not a natural comedian, then leave it to the professionals. If you make a mistake or fumble – make a joke of it rather than worry about getting everything perfect.
5. Engage your audience. In some way get your audience involved. This can be by asking questions or getting them to do activities. You want to make sure they are in agreement with what you are saying.
6. Establish eye contact with all sectors of your audience by looking at target individuals in each section. Occasionally dwell on one individual for two or three seconds to let them know you’re connecting with them.
7. Give massive value. With all your talks give your audience as much as you can in the time allowed. The more you give, the more you receive. Don’t be afraid of giving away all your secrets – you can’t possibly cover everything you know in a short talk.
Why not set a goal to achieve before the end of the year that you will give a talk in a way that promotes your business. When you’ve done one, you’ll never look back!
See more articles, resources, and latest news at my website – www.davisbusinessconsultants.com
To obtain a free copy of our Shocking Report “The 7 Big Mistakes That 72% Of Business Owners Are Making…” simply download directly from our site www.davisbusinessconsultants.com