A free advertising and advice service has been set up by the Department of Social Protection for jobseekers and employers.
This service gives employers the opportunity to advertise vacancies on www.jobsireland.ie and provides job-ready candidates to help employers fill vacancies. These services are provided at no cost to employers.
The Department’s National Contact Centre (NCC), based in Edenderry, Co Offaly, which operates the free job advertising and matching service, provides employers and jobseekers with information and profiles on prospective jobs and employees through:
- Smart phone apps
- Self-service kiosks in Department of Social Protection Intreo Centres nationwide
- Through this FREEPHONE number 1800 611 116
The Jobs Ireland service also processes JobBridge National Internship Scheme applications for internship vacancies from employers. In 2013 the Jobs Ireland service processed 17,376 applications. To date some 26,000 internships have commenced since JobBridge was launched in July 2011, with more than 6,500 people currently availing of JobBridge internships.
The NCC also undertakes surveys of employers to assess customer service levels. The most recent survey (June – December 2013) continues to indicate a strong level of satisfaction:
- 87% of employers positively rating the overall service provided by Jobs Ireland
- 84% of employers stated that they had their vacancy filled within two months of engaging with Jobs Ireland
- 64% of these employers saying that they had their vacancy filled by a candidate referred from the Department of Social Protection
Through JobsPlus, regular cash payments are made to qualifying employers to offset wage costs where they engage jobseekers who have been on the Live Register for more than 12 months.
There are two levels of payment:
- a payment of €7,500 over two years to the employer for each person recruited who has been unemployed for more than 12 but less than 24 months
- €10,000 over two years to the employer for each person recruited who has been unemployed for more than 24 months.
Further information and advice on all aspects of the JobsPlus Incentive is available by accessing www.jobsplus.ie, sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, by calling (071) 9672535/9672583 or by visiting any of the Department's offices.